Monday, August 22, 2011

Record Tightrope Walk Up Cable Car Wire


A tightrope walker has made a bid for a new world record by scaling the support cables of a mountain cable car in Germany.



Freddy Nock climbed up to the summit of the Zugspitze - Germany's highest peak - without a balancing pole.
The mountain is 2,962 metres (9,718ft) high.
It was the first of a series of record-breaking tightrope walking feats the Swiss man is attempting over the next week.

After his successful ascent was cheered by onlookers, Mr Nock admitted he was relieved it was over.
He said: "I can not say that I will again attempt such a walk.
"I have it behind me and I do not want to do it again. Not without a balancing pole."
His website said his motto is "making the impossible possible".
Mr Nock is reportedly set to submit his ascent without a balancing pole for entry in the Guinness Book of Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment